The Edinburgh Festival is the largest arts festival in the world by some margin. Our coverage includes the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Book Festival and International Festival as well as some of the emerging events including the Cocktail Festival.
Please note, ScotsGay Fringe and Festivals does not generate any profit, any small income we get from advertising goes directly to paying for the website and overheads. Therefore none of our fringe roles are paid. however, you will see from the perks below, its an experience like no other
😎 Perks 😎
- Full accreditation with the Press Office – Press Pass
- Free Review tickets
- VIP access to Bars and Events
- Press Night events and exclusive industry and performer nights
- Discounts with Partners for Food and Drink
- Full Support from the Editorial Team 24/7
- SG Merchandise and official ID
- A month-long experience like no other!
Experience in art performance, be that actor, comedian, writer, director or dancer is preferred
The ability to write an interesting and insightful copy about a show you’ll probably only see once and do it to a tight deadline.
☺️What we ask☺️
You can see as much or as little as you like and we are flexible around your schedule. Some reviewers do a one while week and see 40 shows whereas some see 10 over the month. Ideally, you will do a minimum of 5 over the fringe – we only have limited press passes
Be committed and see/write about all the shows you get tickets for. We get in trouble if you don’t
Minimum 250 words per review
Turnaround within 48 hours.
Want to become a reviewer? Email: Taylor@scotsgay.co.uk
Make sure you let us know why you would be a good reviewer, your previous experience, a little bit about yourself and your availability.
There is only a few of us behind the scenes making it all happen, so if you’re looking for a bigger challenge, we have the following volunteer opportunities this year
Sub Editors – open to experienced reviewers
As a sub-editor, you will continue to review shows but will have a focus on a particular area of the fringe. You will have a say and help shape that areas coverage and what reviewers can see. Once a review is submitted and checked for grammar, you will read, proof and edit to ensure it is appropriate and within guidelines.
Categories – (Subject to change)
- Theatre and new writing
- Cabaret, music and musicals
- Dance, physical theatre and circus
Content and Digital Media Co-Ordinator
- responsible for article creation, managing all social media platforms and arranging interviews etc
- In the absence of Editor, you will be responsible for overseeing filming or events
- Assisting in recruiting and onboarding of writers and reviewer, managing show requests and approvals, deadline management, and assisting the team with relevant support
Copy and Web Co-Ordinator
- Ensuring reviews come in the proper format, then ensuring they are quickly processed through a sub-editor. Must be able to spell and grammar check proficiently. Once edited, upload to the web with correct tags, images and links.
Interested in any of the above? Email Taylor@scotsgay.co.uk